Search for content in message boards

Hawkins, Hall

Replies: 1

Re: Hawkins, Hall

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 4:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hawkins, McGrady, Hall
I have been looking for information on Strother Moses Hawkins and, I believe, his third wife, Frances McGrady (noted as "Frances Grade" on their marriage record). They were married in 1857 and had my husband's great-grandmother, Laura J. Hawkins in 1859. I saw on the 1870 census that Catherine Hall is noted as age 20, "keeping house" with Strother Moses Hawkins. Laura and her two siblings from Frances are also listed. Since I have been unable to locate information on Frances, other than the marriage certificate, I tried searching for Catherine to see who she was. I located Kate Hawkins in Texas on the 1880 census, but am not certain it is her. Two of the children's names are in line with Find-a-Grave (Ford and Evelyn (Eva)), though I'm not sure where Find-a-Grave got their information, since there is no headstone. However, Kate is noted as a "widow" at 28, and Strother didn't die, supposedly, until 1884. I'm sure this has only confused your search, but I wanted to offer it to you. If you happen to know anything about Strother's third wife, Frances McGrady (Grade),we would appreciate hearing from you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Shirley Roach King 12 Jul 2006 3:20AM GMT 
evamariethoma... 1 Feb 2013 11:36PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions