Search for content in message boards

What newspaper covered Fannin County in 1842?

Replies: 5

Re: Joseph Swagerty, of Hunt and Fannin counties

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 1:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Swagerty
Suzie,
Thank you for your prompt reply. Sarah is on the 1860 as Sarah Patton (Mrs. Maylor)in Hunt County, Post Office listed as Sidwell Creek. I'm certain it is the same Sarah for also listed is 8 year old William S Swigert (William Thomas Swagerty was born to Sarah and Joseph Swagerty in 1852. He was their only child) I've viewed the original document and the same hand wrote in all the names and the "S" in William's name could easily be a "T". The misspelling of the last name is common through out many of the census records I've viewed. William Thomas married Lucy Jane King in Hunt County on Jan 3, 1871. They later moved to Throckmorton, Tx, where their youngest daughter (Sallie Keith Swagerty) married Julian C Carr. My father was one of the two oldest of Sallie's and Julian's chidren. My dad knew his grandparents, William Thomas and Lucy Jane, since they helped raise him, following Sallie's death in 1905. Other family members have told me Sarah married a Mr. Patton, and Sallie has notes of Patton Cousins in her scrap book (in my possession) but the surviving members of the family have no idea what happened to Joseph. He is listed in Fannin County records of going into Indian Territory to retrieve some stolen horses. I'm wondering if he went, again, was killed and his body not recovered.

Thank you for your time,
Darla Donahoe
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
pmp1995 28 Feb 2012 6:11AM GMT 
suzie5406 28 Feb 2012 4:01PM GMT 
pmp1995 29 Feb 2012 7:14AM GMT 
texark 1 Feb 2013 3:48AM GMT 
suzie5406 1 Feb 2013 4:41AM GMT 
texark 1 Feb 2013 8:48PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic