Search for content in message boards

Lena Hardin

Replies: 2

Re: Lena Hardin

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 6:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
As posted "Ellen Harden, Married: 22 Sept 1901, Fannin Co., TX, (to) William Treadaway.
--The 1900 Census shows Ellen N. Hardin, born June 1874 in Mississippi, dau of Smith and Tobitha Hardin, Fannin Co. TX
--The 1910 Census shows Ellen U Hardin, born abt 1875 in MS, wife of William I. Treadaway, also in Fannin Co, TX. Middle initial of Ellen is as transcribed, I didn't bother to look at the actual image since she was Clearly the wrong person...

Betty,
I see you are new to posting messages on the Rootsweb system. BUT, you seem to have quite a respectable ability. Since you have a nice family tree containing her, post the link to a profile helps answer a LOT of questions that a researcher might need to have answered. This also helps you from getting information you already know... or WRONG information. Some researchers don't know how to find the trees first:
http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/23815522/person/12791661902

Your quoted 1900 Census shows Lena, born June 1885 in Texas to both parents born in Tennessee.

I found a Lena Zoe Hardin married a Hardy Freeman
Here is her grave:
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=fr...;
---As you can see, this is NOT the correct person. I'm leaving the end result of my research here for your further elimination if she is presented to you by any other shotgun researchers.
--I also made contact with other persons holding this one in their family tree as being the Lena you search. I see more and more family trees posting WRONG information just because they found it on someone else's tree. I also see family tree's posting as correct information that is clearly wrong, as provided as in the above case by some person.

I did a number of searches for this Lena on a number of database systems...without success. The problem first is the accuracy of the enumerator of the 1900 census. Her name could have been Lucy vs Lena, her year of birth wrong, etc. I can't tell you how many errors I've seen in the census or by transcribers, or researchers posting their "findings."

The marriage records may or may not have her marriage recorded, that is "if" she married. I looked for deaths, without success. I'm sure I followed in your footsteps on research, so, I will stop knowing your ability and disproving the other suggested person as I seem to have to do frequently.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bettypick10 4 Oct 2012 3:08AM GMT 
judyartley53 5 Feb 2013 6:13PM GMT 
RBestrom7380 6 Feb 2013 1:07AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions