Search for content in message boards

William Fordtran Oak Hill Flatonia

Replies: 0

William Fordtran Oak Hill Flatonia

Posted: 25 May 2014 10:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fordtran/Doggett/Snell
I posted about this subject in 2010, but had no response, so I am trying again. I am interested in William Fordtran, buried in Oak Hill cemetery, Flatonia. His date of birth was 1837, date of death 1888. I obtained some info. on the Fordtran family fr the Fayette Co. museum, but what I specifically would like to know is what connection if any the Fordtran family had with a Mr. Thomas Stapleton Doggett (frequently referred to as T.S) my great grandfather . My family had three generations of men named William Fordtran Doggett. We have never been able to find out/or at least noone remembers where the Fordtran name came from. Or rather, why the name was given to my grandfather William, my father and later my brother. I accidentally found the grave of William Fordtran when I stopped some years ago and was walking in Oak Hill. Only after seeing his grave did I find out that my Great grandfather Thomas Doggett had first lived in Flatonia after coming from Virginia when he was about 19. His first family, Rosella Snell Doggett, Hugh and James are all buried in Oak Hill. Along with his brother William Yancy Doggett. My father William F. Doggett died when I was a small child, so I do not think anyone in the family is around to explain the connection. I do not think we are related to the Fordtran family. I suspect maybe Mr. Fordtran was a mentor to Thomas? If anyone knows anything related to this I would appreciate your response. Thanks!

Find a board about a specific topic