Search for content in message boards

Samuel A. Card Cedar Community

Replies: 0

Samuel A. Card Cedar Community

Posted: 25 May 2014 10:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Card/Harper/Doggett
Would love any information on the Samuel A. Card family. Samuel was my was my great great grandfather. He is buried in Cedar Cemetery along with some of his children. His date of birth was 1828. He was shot and killed in 1869 by a Luther Mahan when he approached him about rent owed. I would like to know where his farm was. I read something about another Card grave around Muldoon. I think this one is an unmarked grave of a child. There is some confusion with 2 Samuels. There is also a Samuel Card buried in Oak Hill cemetery. I don't know if there is a connection. Under Fayette county obits there is a piece about Samuel (in Oak Hill) being brought by train to Flatonia for burial. Samuel was married to Elizabeth Harper. After she was widowed, she moved to Weimar and remarried a Mr. Black. Samuel and Elizabeth's daughter Frances/Frankie Card Doggett was my great grandmother. I am searching for any photos anyone might have of Samuel Card or the Card family, so I can put faces to the names. Have contacted the Fayette Co. museum, but was told there are no photos. Any info. on these ancestors would be wonderful.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions