Search for content in message boards

Sarah Keziah Brown Hartzog Day Obituary

Replies: 3

Sarah Keziah Brown Hartzog Day Obituary

Posted: 23 May 2001 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 22 Jul 2006 6:07AM GMT
Surnames: Brown, Hartzog, Day, Duncan
This is the obituary of my 3rd great grandmother, Sarah Keziah Brown. Her first husband, Josiah Hartzog, was my 3rd great grandfather. I'd appreciate hearing from anyone with any kind of relation to any of this family.

Mrs. Sarah Day
Floyd Co. Hesperian
April 1, 1915

Pioneer Woman dies here Friday Night

Mrs. Sarah Day who had spent her life on Frontier of Floyd Co. since 1887 died Friday night. She was the mother of J.J. and Mrs. Arthur B. Duncan and M.M. Day, died in the Duncan home in Floydada of paralysis after having been quite ill for the last 6 months.

The remains were laid to rest in Floydada cemetery with simple ceremonies on Satuday afternoon by Elder C.W. Smith of Mickey who conducted the service, attended by numerous friends, as well as children and grand children.

Her son, M.M. Day of Lockney, J.J. of Starkey, and Mrs. A.B. Duncan attended. Mrs. Wainscott of Ft. Worth and J.M. Hartsog of Arizona were notified but could not attend.

Mrs. Sarah Day during a life of 88 years had been a pioneer. She was born in Mo and in an early day married her first husband and moved to Grayson County during the days when Indians were still in that country--70 years ago.

After the death of her 1st husband and her marriage to Mr. Day she remained in that County, rearing a large family. Later moving to Grayson County (sic, should say Montague County) and 28 years ago moving with her son, J.J. with whom she lived 28 years until a few months ago she came to live with her daughter, Mrs. A.B. Duncan.

At the time of her removal to Floyd County, Judge Duncan and a few other families were the only residents of the county. Judge Duncan being the 1st settler with a family 31 years ago. Mt. Blanco in the edge of Crosby Co. was the Post Office for everybody for miles around
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
hianisah 23 May 2001 12:00PM GMT 
sirennabrown 11 Sep 2001 4:34AM GMT 
lloliversr 28 Mar 2012 5:25AM GMT 
JanetMilam13 29 Mar 2012 1:05PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions