Search for content in message boards

Melissa Ann Temple Swindell,Frankllin County, Tx.

Replies: 13

Re: Melissa Ann Temple Swindell,Frankllin County, Tx.

Posted: 14 Oct 2012 9:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Temples, McClung, Armstrong, Coffey
Paula, you've done a lot of work! Vikki and I have exchanged information and confirmed relationships, and your information is most helpful. Diana, referenced with the Ingram history in your posting, is my cousin. I posted that family search info, but now recognize some of it is wrong.

A.L. Temples' only son (as far as is known) with Louisa McClung was William Watts Temples, found as W.W. Temples. A.L died 1862 as result of wounds from Civil War after medical discharge, Louisa married Glover. WWT married M.A. Arnold (sometimes Arnal which is probably misspelling) in Jan 1877 and Safronia Rebecca Armstrong in Dec 1881; he also died young. Safronia Rebecca Armstrong Temples married Palmer, also a widower, with whom she had a child (Martha Jane, known as Margie). He left here because she didn't want to go west with him without all of her children. I've learned that the name Palmer was often pronounced "Parmer" or variations by those of the deep South. There are two letters from Melissa Ann (known as Emma for M.A.), to her brother Ewing (half brother) and sister Maggie (half sister), in which she references Grandma Coffey. But I have no idea who Grandmother Coffey really was.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mlvsnv 5 Aug 2012 12:42AM GMT 
Victoria Kael... 5 Aug 2012 3:11AM GMT 
mlvsnv 14 Oct 2012 3:57PM GMT 
mlvsnv 4 Aug 2012 11:32PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions