Search for content in message boards

Harlan Rowen Hudson

Replies: 3

Re: Harlan Rowen Hudson

Posted: 24 Feb 2013 8:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rowen, Fancher, Coker, Hudson, Spaulding
I am looking for proof of the marriage of Foster Rowen and Mary Coker to determine which Mary Coker that might have been. Many DAR/SAR sites have her name as Mary Fancher Coker, dau. of Arminta Fancher and William Coker, but that is impossible. Arminta's daughter, Martha Jane Coker, never used the middle name of Fancher. Also, she never left Arkansas. In the 1870 Arkansas census, Martha Jane Coker (not Rowen) is living with her brothers in Sugar Loaf Prairie. She is a single teacher and has no child, named Fossie or any child. There was a Mary Ann Rowen in Carroll County AR who later married Thomas Fancher Sisco Jr, but there was no child named Fossie and this was not the same person as Martha Jane Coker. That Ms. Rowen was not a widow. The Coker family is humoungous and it appears to me that someone has tangled up the names. I am trying to sort out who the real wife of Foster Rowen was who so many people erroneously believe to be related to the Fanchers? Anyone researching this - please respond. Interestingly, there was a gal named Martha E Park who married a Harlan Rowen. Her sister, Laura Park married John H. Spaulding. Their oldest son, William Aaron Spaulding married Mary Gertrude Fancher, the daughter of James Polk Fancher who was the youngest brother of Arminta Fancher Coker. But that Harlan Rowen is not the same man as Foster Rowen.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dorholub1856 1 Aug 2008 3:59PM GMT 
MarionParker9... 20 Oct 2008 5:04AM GMT 
MacFancher 24 Feb 2013 3:55PM GMT 
j121976205a 28 Jan 2009 7:09PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions