Search for content in message boards

Navy Day Parade (Wash. D.C.) 1945 honoring "Nimitz and Hulsey"

Replies: 1

Navy Day Parade (Wash. D.C.) 1945 honoring "Nimitz and Hulsey"

Posted: 8 Dec 2013 5:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: NIMITZ, FREEMAN, HENKE, LABERN, HULSEY
I thought you NIMITZ (and FREEMAN and HENKE and LABERN) researchers might be interested in a line I found today in a letter from my sister to my mother (written. in October 1945). My sister was a newlywed then and her husband was in the Navy band in Washington, D.C. This letter was mailed at Washington, D.C. 27 on October 4, 1945. She wrote: "Floyd has to march in the Navy Day Parade honoring Nimitz and Hulsey. Will be quite a crowd Fri. Gov't employees will get off for 3 hours. He's pretty beat down tonight from rehearsing." He wrote: "I'm afraid your son [-in-law] doesn't feel much like writing a long letter tonite. We played + marched on the field for four hrs. today + then had to play for a short ceremony right after school. Oh well. Nothing a good night's sleep won't cure."

According to Wikipedia,
Nimitz-class aircraft carrier

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Nimitz class aircraft carrier)
Jump to: navigation, search
"Nimitz Class" redirects here. For 1997 novel, see Nimitz Class (novel).

"The Nimitz-class supercarriers are a class of ten nuclear-powered aircraft carriers in service with the United States Navy. The lead ship of the class is named for World War II United States Pacific Fleet commander Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, the U.S. Navy's last fleet admiral."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nimitz-class_aircraft_carrier

Would that be Chester William Gillespie (1885-1966) who was born at Fredericksbury in Gillespie Co. TX, or Chester William Gillespie, Jr. (b about 1916, d 2002)? I see now that he was the older man (according to http://worldconnect.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op...).

P.S. Who was Hulsey?
Mary Alice Abernathy Meyer

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
maryabernathy... 8 Dec 2013 12:40PM GMT 
HL2604 8 Dec 2013 3:17PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions