Search for content in message boards

Descendents of George Alexander Kerr and Serina Pinkney Hill of Gonzales Co.

Replies: 5

Descendents of George Alexander Kerr and Serina Pinkney Hill of Gonzales Co.

Posted: 6 Mar 2004 10:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kerr, Hill
According to my records, George Alexander Kerr married Serina Pinkney Hill on Dec. 18, 1837 in Washington County, TX. Serina was the child of Elizabeth Barksdale and Asa Hill, G. A. was the son of Lucy Thomson and Hugh Kerr. Their children were Lucy Elizabeth, Virginia Leonard, George William, John Lewis, and James B. Kerr. In the Gonzales Co. Genweb archieves I find numerous newspaper references to Dr. George Kerr, to John Lewis Kerr, and to George A. There are also references to children and grandchildren of some of the above, but I can't figure out who goes with whom.
I am descended from Hugh and Lucy through another son, Augustus Thomson Kerr, and would like more information on descendents of Serina and George Alexander Kerr. I'm especially interested in L. A. Kerr (perhaps Lon or Lonnie), and James B. Kerr, both of whom showed up in my hometown of Cotulla, LaSalle County, during frontier times.
I would also like to know more about the Kerr Monument mentioned so often in 1902 newspapers.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
tkerr446 7 Mar 2004 5:26AM GMT 
ChristineCzar... 20 Mar 2004 6:32AM GMT 
ChristineCzar... 20 Mar 2004 6:41AM GMT 
tkerr446 21 Mar 2004 11:26PM GMT 
ChristineCzar... 6 Apr 2004 3:37AM GMT 
countrygirl69 21 Jul 2012 6:51PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic