Search for content in message boards

looking for Sarah Chronister's mom

Replies: 1

looking for Sarah Chronister's mom

Posted: 4 Feb 2014 6:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: chronister, dillard
Looking for the mother of Sarah Chronister 1846-1893

When John C. Chronister was born on May 31, 1811, in Lincoln, North Carolina, his father, Daniel, was 21 and his mother, Polly, was 21. I believe He married his first wife on July 31, 1836, in Ripley, Missouri. On July 31, 1836, and I think he had a second wife. He died about 1860 in Sherman, Texas, at the age of 48.

I am actually trying to get the information on his wife. His daughter, Sarah Chronister, born 1846-1893 had a daughter, George Ann Dillard 1863-1901. George Ann Dillard applied along with her family to be on the 5 civilized tribe roll in 1893, I believe. Well they enevitably were denied during an appeal where they were actually initially approved. I know we can't do anything about that now but I really can't seem to trace the Indian line myself.

According to all my research, John C Chronister was not an Indian at all but stories are saying that the mother of Sarah Chronister was a full blooded Indian. I had always assumed he was married to a full blooded Indian at one time but maybe it was out of wedlock. The two women he seems to have been associated with, don't fit the timeline to have been her mother. This is the piece of the puzzle I can't find.

If I have done my research right, John Chronster married Elizabeth Mills on July 1, 1836, in Ripley, Missouri, however she died shortly thereafter in 1840 so she wasn't Sarah Chronisters mother because Sarah was born in 1846.Then I have public records that John married Rachel Allen 18 Aug 1856 in Cooke, Texas, USA But that would be AFTER Sarah Was Born too, and I show that Rachel was married to a thomas allen during the time that Sarah would have been born, so I don't think she is her mother either....

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
pamleyden321 5 Feb 2014 1:06AM GMT 
DebraOverbey 24 May 2014 4:26PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic