Search for content in message boards

Noah H. Wilkinson (Wilkerson) married to Julia Scott

Replies: 13

Re: Vanwinkle

Posted: 10 Apr 2013 11:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Van Winkle, Wilkinson
Did you ever get what you needed ont he VanWinkle book? I have a great resource, and was finally able to answer what everyone has been hearing about for years, searching because they heard Sarah Jane A. VanWinkle was indian.

She was not full blood, and I can't say what kind, but her grandmother was the last in the line traced back to the 1700's when she was born, only gave birth three times, lived a very long and full life. But nothing on her parents or family, her name was a taken name, as there are no birth records or other genealogy related to her. She had only a first and last name, Nichols, first name Sarah.

I believe she was the full blood native american, and because of that, Sarah Jane would be classified as an indian because she was daughter to a half, making her one fourth, and that met the standards.

Details I don't have, but at least we now know about her parents, and theirs, and there is so much of a story just looking at the places these related families repeatedly moved between. Mostly between Texas (collin/McKinnery/Lamar) and in Illinois, (St. Claire, and several others side by side).

Not sure if you got all you wanted, but if you still need, let me know and I will send you what I have. We have some real heavy hitters in our early settlers, before there was even the united thirteen colonies.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jim Van Winkle 12 Apr 2005 4:29PM GMT 
Nancy Van Winkle-Keeter 14 Apr 2005 7:23PM GMT 
cremaneg 11 Apr 2013 5:10AM GMT 
beanie34 29 Apr 2002 2:07AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions