Search for content in message boards

Willis KILGORE, Isabella LINDSAY

Replies: 7

Re: Willis KILGORE, Isabella LINDSAY

Posted: 6 Oct 2012 9:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Jul 2013 2:58PM GMT
Patricia -

In 2004 you answered a query I'd posted several years before.

If you are still interested in Kilgore genealogy, I'd like to hear more of what you have. Between 1997-2001, I'd learned what I could and ran out of leads and to a large part interest. I did find a number of details - the Jackson Cty, GA marriage registry still exists - basically a ledger in which husband, wife and recording clerk sign, listing birthplace and nothing more, and Willis is listed as missing in records still maintained at the Wilson's Creek, MO Battlefield (I think it's a national historic site - a staff member e-mailed me what they had on file.) Willis and family are mentioned (including the death of the oldest daughter at age 4) in an informal Coweta Cty, GA history.

I also heard from a cousin of my father (Dana 1922-2009, grandson of John Thomas, Ann's brother 4 yrs younger) that there was still a family bible in existence, started by Willis and Isabella. This listed Isabella's parents as Ephraim Lindsay and Ester (not sure if a surname was given) born in Abbeville (not sure if town or Cty) SC. No parents listed for Willis, the same dead end I got throughout the search. Have lost track of the contact details through a couple of moves, e-mail migrations, etc., but the cousin's name was Fidelia Jane ________(?) and she lived in central TX. I spoke with her some time around 2006 and she may not be around any more but her daughter was the one who put her in touch and should in principle still be reachable.

If you are still interested I'll try to overcome my fear of the unknown and dig down to the records stratum in the garage.......

Jim Kilgore
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jim Kilgore 10 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT 
fuzdawg 21 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT 
smeddersm123 20 Jul 2001 7:44PM GMT 
patricia_deat... 29 Jan 2004 6:55PM GMT 
Mark Killgore 11 Oct 2006 7:28PM GMT 
dontspamjim 7 Oct 2012 3:43AM GMT 
Jennifer Baum... 9 Jul 2013 4:02AM GMT 
Deborah Campi... 2 Apr 2013 7:04PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions