Search for content in message boards

Henry (Longfellow?) Grimes

Replies: 1

Henry (Longfellow?) Grimes

Posted: 5 Jan 2013 8:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Grimes, Simpler
Desperately looking for ANY information on my great grandfather Henry Grimes. I'm looking on behalf of my grandfather Olivia G. Grimes who is on the search for any information on her father.

What I do know:

-Henry Grimes was born around 1888 in either Texas or Georgia. He was married twice, if not three times. He married Ouida Mae Simpler in 1941 in Florida. He enlisted in Georgia and partcipated (in some way) in WWI. He died April 6th 1943 and is buried in Barrancas National Cementary in Pensacola, Florida.

-My grandmother says he was shot to death on their front porch by her grandfather Shelby Simpler (1901 AL- 1967 FL) in Escambia County, Florida.

-His death certificate lists his parents as Unknown.

-All of his military records were burned in a fire.

-His social security number was created by a relative several years after his death.

-My grandmother believes he was born in Georgia. His 1930 census lists his birthplace as Georgia and parents' birthplace as Texas. The 1935 Florida state census lists his birthplace as Texas.

If anyone has any information on Henry, please let me know.

Thanks,

Kayla Lamb Ferguson

Kaylaferguson7@gmail.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kachuka3 6 Jan 2013 3:30AM GMT 
HL2604 6 Jan 2013 1:27PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions