Search for content in message boards

Elisha Floyd - Rhoda Ann McClenney Floyd

Replies: 3

Elisha Floyd - Rhoda Ann McClenney Floyd

Posted: 14 Dec 2013 8:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Floyd
I am looking for any information for my Great Great Grandfather Elisha Floyd. He was the Grimes County Tax Assesor Collector in 1850. He married Rhoda Ann McClenney, and they had a number of children and one was my Great Grandfather Andrew Floyd, who in turn had my grandmother Mary Floyd Jones. I would love to have any information on Elisha Floyd especially his possibly owning the first hotel in Houston in 1837. (Elisha Floyd (and his brother William T. Floyd) bought it from Benjamin Fort Smith on June 8, 1837.) Elisha Floyd was a Charter member of the Jerusaleum Chapter 3 Royal Arch Masons as well. I would love to have a photo of Elisha Floyd and any other information. I know there is a Floyd Cemetery where he and his wife are buried. I would like to know the specific location of these gravesites. If anyone could post a map of the location, that would be great. Thank you to anyone that reads this and contributes to my search. Sincerely. Kyle Jones spooky57@suddenlink.net or kyle.jones@bryanisd.org
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
JeffreyJones1... 14 Dec 2013 3:52PM GMT 
HL2604 14 Dec 2013 4:32PM GMT 
JeffreyJones1... 14 Dec 2013 11:23PM GMT 
HL2604 15 Dec 2013 1:25AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic