Search for content in message boards

Info on any barbers who worked in Hardeman County about 1934 or so?

Replies: 1

Info on any barbers who worked in Hardeman County about 1934 or so?

Posted: 29 Mar 2012 2:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jenkins McAnis McCandless
I am hoping someone might be able to help with the names of any barbers who were working in Hardeman County around 1934. My father was born and adopted in 1935 and I have recently learned information about his birth parents. The birth father was a barber by trade. The mother was a woman named Lana Bell Jenkins who lived in the Quanah, Hardeman, Texas area with her family until the late 30's. Unfortunately, I still don't know the name of his birth father but do know his birth father was of Irish descent, was a Baptist, and was a barber by trade. He was approximately 5-9 in height and was dark complected. I also now know the father had a sister who was blind and the father's parent were separated at the time my father was born. The father's name was supposedly something like McAnis or something similar, but that info has not been confirmed so it may not be correct. The other info about his descriptors and occupation has all been verified. Any help is greatly appreciated. It has taken me 3 years to learn the ID of his birth mother which I was thrilled to find out. Now I am hopeful someone might have that 1 small bit of information that will lead to me being able to identify his father.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
keithk1025 29 Mar 2012 8:53PM GMT 
PaSain 4 May 2012 3:08AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions