Search for content in message boards

Steadman of Hardin County

Replies: 1

Steadman of Hardin County

Posted: 2 May 2001 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 8:10PM GMT
Surnames: STEADMAN
Seeking information on John Steadman who worked in the sawmills in Hardin County. He had one daughter with him at the time, my aunt, Gladys Stedman/Steadman who attended school in Silsbee and possibly other schools. Gladys was born in 1910 in Louisiana and her father (my grandfather) boarded her out with relatives in Hardin County. She lived with a family named Johnston and somehow there was a connection to the Herrington's. Gladys was the sister of my mother, Agnes Steadman, also born in Louisiana. Their mother died shortly after the birth of Agnes and a relative brought my mother to Texas and she was raised in Fort Worth. She never even knew that she had a sister until she was grown and married. Gladys and Agnes are both deceased now and I have very little information on my grandfather. I understand he was married several times and may have married in the Hardin County area. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mary3871 2 May 2001 12:00PM GMT 
mclaunchwalth... 13 Feb 2012 3:31PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions