Search for content in message boards

Lindsey Historical Cemetary, Hardin County, Texas

Replies: 3

Lindsey Historical Cemetary, Hardin County, Texas

Posted: 24 Oct 2009 11:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lindsey
My uncle died a few years ago, J.L. Lindsey, from Honey Island, Texas, and he was buried in the Lindsey Historical Cemetary, Circa 1898. I'm not sure what town it was in, but either in Honey Island or close, it was out in the country. No one in on this side of my family ever mentioned we had a family cemetary. I copied from the historical marker all the information that was on there. I have not been able to find out anything about our cemetary or "This land is maintained by the Lindsey Cemetary Association" The names listed are and contents of historical marker in short are as follows: 'W.C. Lindsey, who requested to be buried on the family's land. He died in 1898, cemetary was established by his parents, David S. and Caroline E. Lindsey. Brothers David S. and James Oliver Lindsey came to Texas from Mississippi in 1840. Both were confederate soliders in the Civil War. David served in the Texas Legislature.' If anyone knows of this place or anything about it, please contact me at the email address lenze225@hotmail.com Thanks!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lenze225 24 Oct 2009 5:30PM GMT 
TexHistHunter 3 Jan 2010 6:52PM GMT 
alaskan_kajn 21 Sep 2012 11:29AM GMT 
TexHistHunter 22 Sep 2012 1:27AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions