Search for content in message boards

Harrison, John

Replies: 2

Harrison, John

Posted: 15 Sep 2013 7:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Sep 2013 7:24AM GMT
Surnames: Ackerman, Chavis, Royster
Am researching my husband's father, Albert Royster Harrison, born Pleasant Shade, TN 10-13-1885. His father, John Harrison, born 1843, married to Mary Elizabeth Royster. Three children of John by a previous marriage, John b. ~1863; Thomas b. ~1865; and Mary b. ~1874 per 1880 census. May be another son named Neil. Am hitting a dead end on John Harrison, supposedly a Cherokee Indian, although that is only by word-of-mouth. It may or may not be true. Had also heard he was descended from early president Harrison, also word-of-mouth only. From Albert's second wife, Leona Ackerman Chavis Harrison, Tom helped on the farm and one of the other boys made violins. Leona thought Tom might have had the family Bible. Tom Harrison, only son of Leona and Albert, has told me that Albert's parents died young and he was raised by his brother John.

In Cal Thomas's columns about Smith County TN (http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~tnsmith/ccarticles/) a young man named Albert Harrison is mentioned in one story. I believe this is my husband's grandfather, as the time frame is right and he moved to Florida (as mentioned in the story).

Any help out there?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Rebecca Carne... 15 Sep 2013 1:19PM GMT 
HL2604 15 Sep 2013 5:11PM GMT 
Rebecca Carne... 18 Sep 2013 2:28AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic