Search for content in message boards

Earnest L. and Nattie (Notie) Ridling

Replies: 8

Re: Earnest L. and Nattie (Notie) Ridling

Posted: 27 Apr 2011 10:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wright
Hi Ted - It's been some time since we've communicated. As an FYI, we are bringing my Mother, Ernestine Howard Dickerson, to be with us during Mother's Day and I would sure like to connect her with you while she is here. Please let me know how best to contact you and we'll make it happen during the week of May 9th.
You may recall Mom was the oldest grandchild of Notie Wright and Ernest Ridling. She was named after Ernest. The Howard and Ridling farms were next to each other just east of Weinert. And, Ernest and Notie were buried in at Pleasant Valley Cemetery in Haskell County, Tx. Headstone picture available at PV site.
One word of caution - Mom is going to be reluctant to share much about her own mother as her family was abandoned by her during the depression. She was 12 or 13 at the time and had two younger sisters, Jean & Gayle, whom she helped raise. Merle apparently went to CA (That seemed to be the place to escape during the Grapes of Wrath!) with, as I understand, the Baptist preacher. Obviously, this was a big deal in Weinert at that time and, for sure, a huge disappointment and embarrassment to Mom. We never saw Merle, certainly never talked about her, and don’t know anything about her death; however, Merle's sisters - Cecil (Plainview), Clyde (Amarillo), Robbie (Houston), and Vera (Vera) - were wonderful people and very close to our entire family. And Mom has fond memories of them and the Ridling/Wright connections.
Let me know if we can arrange the call!
Cheers, Tom D
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
TedWright34 5 Dec 2005 3:42AM GMT 
PaSain 18 Dec 2005 2:11PM GMT 
Ted Wright 19 Dec 2005 5:00AM GMT 
Tom Dickerson 4 Jan 2010 3:30PM GMT 
Ted Wright 19 Dec 2005 4:40AM GMT 
Tom Dickerson 4 Jan 2010 4:43PM GMT 
TedWright34 5 Jan 2010 5:00AM GMT 
Tom Dickerson 27 Apr 2011 4:47PM GMT 
Tom Dickerson 27 Apr 2011 4:59PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions