Search for content in message boards

McBride's in Hays Co.

Replies: 4

Re: McBride's in Hays Co.

Posted: 15 Mar 2013 3:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Doug,

It's been a long while since I last posted here, but I'm back working on the McBride clan again---most specifically Amos McBride of Overton, TN born 1802.

My husband's 2nd great-grandfather was Samuel Bender McBride (1841-1917)(see above post).

The only record support that I have to Amos was the listing of Amos McBride of TN on Samuel's TX death certificate. Unfortunately, no mother was listed. And Samuel had a baby son named Amos Bender who died in Jasper, MO while they must have been visiting.

I've recently been tracing the Amos McBride clan through 4-5 wives to see if I can find some other connections to the other children. I did see where Amos' son, John Smelter McBride, made cattle runs between TX and Jasper, MO prior to the Civil War so maybe that was what prompted Samuel to move to TX after the war.

And today on a website called familycentral.net, Amos and his wives and children were listed there. Whoever did this file had Amos marrying a Mary Logan on 28 Nov. 1844 in Overton, TN after the death of his first wife Margaret Logan in Dec. 1843. That would make sense since Mary was listed on the 1850 census. And she was only 35 at the time of the census so she couldn't have been the mother of the older children. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find proof of this marriage yet.

Do you have anymore information on the Logan side of things? I have to wonder if Mary was Margaret's sister.

Anyway,I'm rambling, but what I would like to eventually find is some proof to link Samuel to the massive family of Amos McBride. I'd appreciate any information that you've run across that might give me more pieces to this puzzle.

Thanks,
Beth Randall

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
elizabethrand... 12 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT 
Patricia Grannis 5 Oct 2001 7:20AM GMT 
bethrandall 7 Oct 2001 11:51PM GMT 
sagetrout 28 Apr 2004 10:00PM GMT 
bethrandall 15 Mar 2013 9:56PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions