Search for content in message boards

McBride's in Hays Co.

Replies: 4

McBride's in Hays Co.

Posted: 12 Apr 2001 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 8:13AM GMT
Surnames: McBride, Wilson
I am still gathering research on the Samuel Bender and Marion Belle Wilson McBride family in Hays Co. (see earlier query).

I would love to share information with the descendents of James William McBride (b.1855-Overton, TN; died 1953 and buried in San Marcos). Several of his children were born in San Marcos. I have family sheets from the Hays Co. Quarterlies. The family sheets don't indicate that Samuel Bender and James William were related.

However, I feel that these two groups are tied together. Samuel and Marion were in Jasper Co., MO in 1875 because their baby died there in Carthage. They were back in San Marcos by 1880. A file on rootsweb indicates that James William's father was James Delaney McBride and that his father was Amos McBride. Samuel Bender is not listed but I wonder if he could have been another brother. Perhaps census research will answer that question.

If anyone knows about the family of James William McBride, I would love to learn more. Thanks for your help. Beth Randall
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
elizabethrand... 12 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT 
Patricia Grannis 5 Oct 2001 7:20AM GMT 
bethrandall 7 Oct 2001 11:51PM GMT 
sagetrout 28 Apr 2004 10:00PM GMT 
bethrandall 15 Mar 2013 9:56PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions