Search for content in message boards

Texas Ranger Dan Hines solved 2 multiple homicide cases in Athens, 1935-36

Replies: 2

Re: Texas Ranger Dan Hines solved 2 multiple homicide cases in Athens, 1935-36

Posted: 9 Oct 2012 3:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Ms. Underwood,

I just came across your 2008 reply to a post I made in 2001 regarding Dan Hines and the murder of the McGeehee family outside of Athens in the early 1930's. In your post you mentioned that you are the great grand daughter of Loren Hawley and that you were wiling to share some details that have been passed down in your family. I am very interested in hearing all of the details of those accounts .

Since my original posting I undertook a mid-life career change to become a professional historian, and as a result I put aside much of the Dan Hines research, though I still intend to publish a biography of Hines which will include a detailed chapter on the "Famous Patton Case." As it happens, I was in the final semester of my M.A. degree work when you posted your reply. I am now pursuing a PhD at the University of North Texas.

Despite my technical relationship to Hines, I never knew him and my research has always sought to be thorough and truthful, so be assured that I will not take offense at any potential criticisms of his handling of the case, etc. I already have plenty of information that reveals that he was by no means perfect (none of us are) and I have no problem with including more if necessary.

PS - I have some pictures of Lorene from that time.

Best Regards,
Jody Edward Ginn
P.O. Box 684603
Austin, Texas 78768
512-323-5235 ofc/fax
512-992-7904 mbl
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jody Edward Ginn 7 Mar 2002 4:05AM GMT 
krystyunderwo... 3 Oct 2008 5:59AM GMT 
Historian2010 9 Oct 2012 9:20PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions