Search for content in message boards

Clara Calhoun Ragan

Replies: 3

Clara Calhoun Ragan

Posted: 22 Nov 2010 11:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Calhoun, Ragan, Barry
I'm looking for information on my great great grandmother Clara Catherine Calhoun Ragan, b. 1874 in TX; d. 1955 and is buried in Leagueville Cemetery in Henderson County. She married her husband Thomas Lockett Ragan in 1891 and census records show that they lived in Henderson County in 1900 and 1910. By 1920 according to the census, they had moved to Caddo Parish Louisiana with their children. Thomas Ragan died in 1923, and although Clara and her children stayed in Louisiana, he was buried back in Henderson Co TX where she was also buried later. I can't find anything concrete on Clara before she was married. I'm having trouble tracing her line and haven't been able to pinpoint any concrete evidence of her who her parents were. My family has an old photo of Thomas, Clara and some of their older children from approx. 1898, and on the back it says that one of the family members is her much younger sister (possibly half sister) named Mattie who looked at least 10 years younger than Clara. That's all the info I have to go by for narrowing things down to track Clara. So far I've only found earlier census records with a Clarissa Calhoun but my older family members don't remember anything about Clara ever going by Clarissa. So I'm stuck. Help?!?! Please any info would be great.

p.s. I've attached the photo I described. Clara is sitting on the right. Her sister Mattie (listed as Mattie Calhoun Broyles on the back of picture) is the taller girl standing in the back. I haven't been able to find anything on Mattie Broyles either.

Hope someone can help me!
Stacey Williams
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
anastasiaewil... 23 Nov 2010 6:13AM GMT 
Brightstarr10 23 Nov 2010 8:00PM GMT 
PaSain 24 Nov 2010 4:49AM GMT 
Rstillwell63 28 Sep 2012 5:35PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic