Search for content in message boards

Frizzell Cemetery

Replies: 0

Frizzell Cemetery

Posted: 1 Apr 2013 5:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
I would like to bring to your attention about a cemetery that has been neglected for several years. It is located on FM 1615 about two tenths of a mile from the intersection of CR 4614 as your are going south. The name of the cemetery is Frizzell.
There is very little information about the history on the establishment of the cemetery and there is no known association to maintain the grave sites. I was able to find one family member with relatives at the cemetery and my desire to clean the area was very welcomed.
Since I started the task of cleaning the cemetery, two other volunteers have joined me in helping. The entrance drive has been cleaned, gate repaired and several trailer loads of brush has been removed.
There is still much work to be done at the cemetery. I am in the process of gathering information on the details of starting a cemetery association. As a youth, I remember going with my parents to my grandparents grave sites and help maintain them. My reason for involvement in this preservation effort is to pay respect to the founding families of this area. For citizens that would like to view the progress that has been done so far, please come by after church on April 7. Any information regarding this cemetery or family history would be greatly appreciated. A web site was made in 2002 that has pictures and listing of individuals buried there. It can be viewed by doing a Google search and entering Frizzell Cemetery.
Brent E. Muecke
Henderson County

To view photo's of markers you can go to the below link
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~txhender/Cemeteries/Frizze...
If you have any questions or information contact me and I will try to help with that and will send Brent a copy. Hope to see you on April 7th.

Find a board about a specific topic