Search for content in message boards

Kimbrell's in Henderson Co

Replies: 1

Kimbrell's in Henderson Co

Posted: 23 Aug 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Jun 2004 8:26AM GMT
Surnames: Kimbrell, Kimbrel, Cofer, Ballow, Shelton
My gggrandmother Sarah E. Kimbrel, b 1838, m 1869, d 1905, was shown in the 1900 census in Henderson Co along with her son Harvey Richard (b 1876, d 1902) and Anna B. (b 1878, d abt 1850). Also is noted that Anna was married to a Bob Tanner. Sarah and her children were on the 1880 census in Clay Co., MS with David Kimbrel who was still alive. Sarah was the third wife of David Kimbrel. Also, Sarah had a previous marriage to a William Cook who died before 1869. He and Sarah had two sons who lived with Sarah and David after William Sr. died.

Sarah and Harvey are buried in the Walnut Creek cemetery. I would like to know what happened to Anna and Bob Tanner. Also I would like to know when the Kimbrel's moved to Henderson County. My gggrandfather David died sometime after 1880 in Clay Co. MS where he was probably buried but no one seems to know where. David and his two stepsons, William and Joseph were co-founder's of the Cumberland Presbyterian church in Cumberland MS somtime around 1874 and we think David is probably buried there, but there isn't a marker for him. His first wife's son is buried there with all his decendents however.

My GGrandmother was Susie Jane Cofer (Kimbrel) Ballow. Susie and Harvey had one son, Sommer David Kimbrell, b 1902, m 1922, d 1975. Sommer is my grandfather. He married Mallie Shelton, b 1900, d 1989. Susie is buried in the Smith cemetery with her second husband Alber "Cap" Ballow and other family. One of my ggrandmother Susie's last living sisters is still living in Athens.

By the way, sometime after Harvey died the second "L" was added to our name, probably by accident. Both cemetery markers for Sarah and Harvey have only one "L" in their surname.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
davidkjr 23 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT 
wmlatham48 15 Oct 2013 9:08PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions