Search for content in message boards

Francisco Flores Garza (Penitas, Cuevitas, Los Ebanos)

Replies: 0

Francisco Flores Garza (Penitas, Cuevitas, Los Ebanos)

Posted: 9 Feb 2014 10:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Flores Garza
Need help connecting Francisco Flores Garza in my tree. I've been searching to no avail. The census indicates he has used the names Francisco Flores, Francisco Flores Garza and Frank Garza.

The Family Tree Book (The F.W. Seabury Papers) transcribed by Joel Rene Escobar provieds very limited information on Francisco. For those unfamiliar with this book it contains a great wealth of information on genealogy from the Hidalgo county area. Seabury was an attormey who dealth with land records. He kept record of the original people who were granted land from Mexico and Spain. As the original owners passed he wouldtrack the heirs.

Francisco Flores Garza had 4 or 5 wives. I belive the 1st wife was Gertrudes Flores. She may be his first cousin. I found some information on the land records linking this relationship in the late 1800's. However land records did not include their dates of birth etc. They had a son named Ramon Flores Flores. Both he and David I believe left some land to extend the cemetery in Cuevitas, Texas.

His second wife I believe is Victoria Vela. They had a son named David Flores Vela. His information is provided in my tree. I can't find any info on Victoria Vela except the marriage to Francisco.

He married Julia Alvarado. She also could be named Juliana. Not sure. I can't find anything on her. She bore him a few kids Viterbo Flores, Santos Flores and Aurelia Flores. Viterbo is my great grandfather. Francisco and Julia are listed on the death certificate.

The third wife is Juanita Balderas. She bore him three children Abelardo Flores Balderas, Isabel Flores Balderas, and Taurino Flores Balderas. Juanita is listedd in a census from Tabasco, Texas which eventually became La Joya.

I have conflicting information on Francisco. An affidavit of descent from Edelmira Taylor Longoria daughter of Isabel Flores Balderas and grandchild of Francisco Flores Garza states he died Jan1927 in Alamo, Texas. I've gone to the library and searched microfilm and asked the Texas Library to search and both have no record of a Francisco Flores Garza passing in Jan 1927.

If you have any information on this family or individual please advise. He is the missing link!

Find a board about a specific topic