Hello to everyone in cyberland,
I need your help! I have been researching my ancestors
that migrated to hill county, from tennessee, in the 1880's,
but the information before hill county is elusive.
I am looking for W.R.GILL, that came from tennessee. This
man married a woman, named lula or lulu richards in
itasca, hill county, texas on 27DEC1883. These two people
had a son named robert richard gill, born 24JAN1886, in
itasca, hill county, texas. W.R. Gill and LULA RICHARDS,
only exist on two documents, and they are a marriage
record, and a death record for robert richard gill.
Robert richard gill, on 26NOV1905, married a woman named
carrie belle canady and had four children born in itasca,
hill county, texas, and they are:
1. lula mae gill (parker) b. 23OCT1906
2. rea elizabeth gill (elliott) b. 23MAR1908
3. randolph gill b. 1912 m/ isabelle brooks(greer)
4. fay ruth gill (helton) b. 17SEP1918
* Lula mae gill (parker) died. 30SEP1992 in memphis, hall
* Rae elizabeth gill(elliott) died. 22JUN2003 in cove, polk
* randolph gill died. 13SEP1967 in place is unknown.
* Fay ruth gill(helton) died. 28SEP1992 in clarendon, donley
I have already found the genealogy for carrie belle canady,
but I have no information on the burials for her parents, or
where they might be located, only of where they are from.
I also have no information on lula richards, no birth, or
There is only one possible for W.R. GILL, and that is a
1920 faderal census for itasca, hill county, texas. There
was a william g. gill, born about 1858, in tennessee, and
this is the only possibility that I have.
If anyone has any further information on these people, I
would be most thankful. Thank you...
Shaun K. Young