Staff Sergeant Douglas Howard Agee

Replies: 3

Staff Sergeant Douglas Howard Agee

Posted: 11 Feb 2014 3:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Feb 2014 3:44PM GMT
Surnames: Agee
Hello Everyone,

My name is René Bosma en I live in the little Dutch town of Oosterwolde. Since 4 years I have been investigating the Air war over the Northern part of the Netherlands. It is my main objective to gather as much information as possible about the aircrafts and the airmen which came down over the province of Friesland during the Second World War. We consider it very important to keep the memory of the Air war alive, especially the many flyers paid with their lives for our Freedom.
One of the American aircraft I researching is the B-17 42-30828 “Salvo Sal” of 100 bomb group. It make a crash near the Dutch village of De Hemrik. It was on the 8th of October 1943. It came back from a bombing mission to Bremen, Germany. Sadly 1 of the 10 crewmembers lost dear live. The other 9 where taken prisoner of war or saved by Dutch resistance workers.
Now I was searching on the internet to find some information about the crew of the “Salvo Sal” En specific for Staff Sergeant Douglas Howard Agee of Hopkins County, Texas. He was the Left waist Gunner in this crew en sadly he was the only one who get killed during the air battle. I was hoping to find some details about him en his military live, his live before he get in service en maybe some pictures. En maybe there are some relatives left of Douglas in Hopkins County. The things i know jet or that his parents where Carl Scott Agee (1898 - 1973) & Mary Ellen Mitchell Agee (1899 - 1969) en that he hath a brothers Carl Shelton Agee (1918 - 1985) en a sister Mary Katherine Agee Newberry (1922 - 1999). He was born on the 20 August 1920. En after the war het body is reburied from the American War Cemetery at Margraten the Netherlands to Old Saltillo Cemetery, Saltillo, Hopkins County, Texas. Now i was hope that someone could help me with additional information or someone knows a ancestor/relative of Douglas still living in Hopkins County

I try to collect as much as possible information about the crewmembers en their mission so i can make a complete as possible reconstruction about the flight en the man who whore on the plain. I hope you can en will help. So the story of the men en what day did for our freedom never will be forgotten.

I will thank you in advance en looking forward for you reaction,

The best regards,
René Bosma, Oosterwolde, The Netherlands
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
rene bosma 11 Feb 2014 10:43PM GMT 
HL2604 12 Feb 2014 6:15AM GMT 
lindamother 18 Feb 2014 9:20PM GMT 
rene bosma 19 Feb 2014 6:58PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions