Search for content in message boards

Huntsman-Dillard-Tompkins families in Houston County 1840s-1870s

Replies: 2

Re: Huntsman-Dillard-Tompkins families in Houston County 1840s-1870s

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 1:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you for all this hard work! I appreciate all the time you must have put into this and it helps confirm some information I have. Wish you WERE a cousin! Just this week I think I have identified through Texas Land office Records that Mary J. Tompkins was the widow of Theodore D. Tompkins -- still looking for record of marriage, but Theo D Tompkins land was surveyed and transferred to George D(illard) Tompkins shortly after Mary J. Tompkins died. His land was adjacent to that of William Dillard and J W Callaway.I am still looking for any proof that William and Jane Dillard might be the parents of Minerva Dillard Huntsman and that Mary J. Tompkins was Minerva's elder sister. I suspect I will need to travel to East Texas in hopes of finding some obscure local records of wills, marriage or death. I am beginning to suspect that Minerva died in childbirth (the last daughter, Margaret/Peggy Huntsman was born between 1862 and Minerva disappears between 1860 & 1870). I also suspect that William C. Huntsman died on a battlefield during the early part of the Civil War -- no records of his death anywhere. Guess the mystery and hunting is what keeps genealogists going! Thanks again. Barb Pinkney
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
thepinkneys1 21 Mar 2013 11:03PM GMT 
PaSain 6 Apr 2013 3:12AM GMT 
thepinkneys1 6 Apr 2013 7:41PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic