Search for content in message boards

Need Help for DRT Membership

Replies: 4

Re: Need Help for DRT Membership

Posted: 14 Aug 2013 10:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Daughters of Republic of Texas. You only shared surnames. You need to give specific names with actual or probably dates of birth/death and counties where you think they may have lived and years (from-to) in each county. May I suggest you start with Biographical Souvenir of State of Texas, pub. 1889. You can find an index to the book on the Fannin Co., TX genweb site and/or the Grayson Co., TX genweb site. It was a submission to that 1899 publication that helped me prove that William Crenshaw who died ca 1877 in Grayson Co., TX was a sibling of my gg-grandmother Virginia E. M. Crenshaw Boone. I could not prove Virginia was dau of Nicholas Crenshaw but could prove her brother was so the combination of the two proved my lineage directly back to a common grandfather with George Washington. Both DRT and the DAR accept the Biographical Souvenir of State of Texas, pub. 1889. as evidence of lineage. I also used that book to find a bio on another gg-grandfather. Sadly, the names he gives as his parents and siblings are hard to find in South Carolina and Georgia records. Good luck.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
PatriciaBuckl... 12 Jun 2013 4:05AM GMT 
judyartley53 14 Aug 2013 5:39AM GMT 
delins7916 14 Aug 2013 4:09PM GMT 
PatriciaBuckl... 14 Aug 2013 8:45PM GMT 
Daniel Norton 15 Aug 2013 4:08AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic