Search for content in message boards

Whistlers in Northeast Texas

Replies: 0

Whistlers in Northeast Texas

Posted: 27 Aug 2013 11:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Whistler
William Nathan (Buddy) Whistler (1883 – 1963), the son of Nathan Gann Whistler (1841 -1926) and the grandson of Elias Whistler (1813 – 1880), was my grandfather. He was born and lived much of his early life in Hunt and Titus counties, but was living in Grayson County when my father Charles Frederick Whistler was born in 1921. (Actually, Estelle Schiller McCollum Whistler traveled to Pecan Gap to give birth to my father at the home of her mother.)

I have a great deal of documentation and many photos of my grandparents and great grandparents. However, after having both yDNA and autosomal DNA tests, I cannot find any Whistler relatives!

Has any male descendant of Nathan Gann Whistler or Elias Whistler had his yDNA and/or atDNA tested by one of the testing services (Family Tree DNA, 23andme, or Ancestry)? Has anyone (male or female) had their DNA tested? I would appreciate any leads that you might be able to provide.

Hopefully, I can confirm my Whistler line or determine why or how I am not a Whistler!

Wayne
Posted to Titus, Grayson, Delta, Fannin, Hunt boards

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions