Search for content in message boards

Henry O. Palmer family of Hunt County, Texas

Replies: 2

Re: Henry O. Palmer family of Hunt County, Texas

Posted: 29 Dec 2013 11:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: PALMER, HODGES
Thank you for your prompt and very detailed reply, and for the correction. I was clearly in error in stating that Henry's son James W. Palmer, born in Weakley County, TN ca 1843 was the James Palmer who married Hannah Hodge in 1869. I had doubts about this, so now the evidence is clear. The census record you found in 1870 clearly shows that this James Palmer, who married Hananh Hodge, was born in Missouri. Thanks also for the census records of James Palmer in Benton County, AR and later in the Indian Teritory (Oklahoma). I have looked at these and also think this is not my James W. Palmer, as James W. was living in Harrison County, TX in 1850, and Hunt County, TX in 1860.

I had already researched his sister Elizabeth J. Palmer, who married a Hugh Tilson, and had found that she had no descendants. The information about Elizabeth's parents on her 1936 death certificate is incorrect. James W. Palmer may have died by 1870, so I will have to keep looking. Many thanks again for your help and for correcting my mistake.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Bill_Dahnke 29 Dec 2013 2:22AM GMT 
PaSain 29 Dec 2013 1:58PM GMT 
Bill_Dahnke 29 Dec 2013 6:53PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions