Search for content in message boards

Martha Jane Crumplier 1863 Texas

Replies: 3

Martha Jane Crumplier 1863 Texas

Posted: 5 Feb 2014 12:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Crumpler, Paris, Parrish, Laymance
Martha Jane is the daughter of James Wesley Crumpler and Matilda Jane Laymance. In the 1860 Census Matilda Jane Laymance is living in Henderson County Texas with her first husband William Clinton Wheat in the 1870 Census she has remarried to James Wesley Crumplier and is still living in Henderson County Texas. Crumpler children from this marriage in the census are Martha J 7, Andrew J 3 and James S 3 months. In 1880 they are in Hopkins County, Texas and Martha is 17.

Because there is no 1890 census the next sighting should be 1900 but she is not in Hopkins County and there are several possible choices
one is Martha Parish 38 wo James Jefferson in Fannin County the county north and east of Hopkins.
Another is Martha Paris wo James Jefferson Paris in Titus County east of Hopkins
Since both men are James J and both are married to Martha it gets confusing and I have seen no definative sources or any immediate family information to sort out who is the real Martha Jane Crumpler so if someone reads this and can point me to evidence or recount what their grandfather or mother told them I would appreciate hearing that information. Till then I am doing a Spouse 1 and Spouse 2 to keep the information I find available when I get proof then I will detach the wrong spouse.

I will share what I have

Bill Lewis
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
BillJoAnnL 5 Feb 2014 7:42PM GMT 
HL2604 5 Feb 2014 9:04PM GMT 
BillJoAnnL 5 Feb 2014 9:52PM GMT 
HL2604 6 Feb 2014 4:36AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions