Search for content in message boards

Last Will and Testament of James Moore Sen.

Replies: 2

Last Will and Testament of James Moore Sen.

Posted: 2 Jun 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Will
Edited: 11 Jun 2004 7:43PM GMT
Surnames: Moore
Last Will and Testament of James Moore

To all whom these presents shall come: Know ye that I James Moore sen now of Hunt County, Texas, being very old and feeble, but of sound disposing mind do make and declare this my last will and testament.

First It is my wish all my just debts be paid.

Second, It is my wish and will that all my property real and personal which I leave at my death undisposed of and not conveyed to anyone, to be divided equally among and between all my children, except Milton J. Moore, my son, to whom I have advanced sufficient.

Third, My real property will consist of two hundred and eighty nine 289 acres of land, a part of four hundred and forty nine 449 acre, conveyed to me by McQuinney H. Wright an administrator of R Jackson dec and three hundred and forty six 346 acres of land, a part of the headright one third of a League of R Richie, conveyed to me by M. H. Wright and Hardin Heart.

My personal property will be & is in notes & demands against different persons.

Fourth, I make and constitute my two sons, Isreal T. Moore and Samuel P. Moore, Executors of this my last will and testament and request and authorize them or either of them to act jointly & seperately to make an equal partition & division of all my lands above stated between & among all my children – except my son Milton J. Moore – agreeable to quantity and quality as may be fair & just, and also for my Executors to collect all money and property on notes and demands and after payment of my debts – to distribute the balance and amount among my children – except my son Milton J. Moore.

Sixth, It is my wish and so request that my said Executors act in all things under this will, without giving bond & security. Also, it is my wish and so request that no other or further actions, matter or thing be done and performed with my Estate in the Court of the County having probate jurisdiction, than the recording of this my will, after being duly proved for that purpose.

In testimony wherof I hereto sign my name this 21st day of December AD 1867

//James Moore//
signed acknowledged
before us witnesses

//A. F. Peebles//
//John F. Wixom//
//Jas A. Paage//

Addenda to my will

I, James Moore Sen, of the County of Hunt, Texas have conveyed by Deed in writing dated the 21st day of December AD 1867 to my son, Isreal T. Moore and his wife, Pernecy Ann one hundred and sixty 160 acres of land where I now live, and have resided for about twenty years, a part of the four hundred and forty-nine 449 acres conveyed to me by McQ. H. Wright administrator of Riley Jackson dec. this one hundred and sixty acres of land at and to include, off of the north end of said four hundred and forty nine acres, the home place of myself and all the houses, lots, and enclosures thereat and thereon, in consideration of the said Isreal T. and Pernecy Ann Moore, keeping, feeding, clothing and taking care of me well, the balance of my life, at their house and place so conveyed to them, and for the performance of which they Isreal T. and Pernecy Ann Moore have given and executed their bond to me in the sum of one thousand & five hundred dollars dated the 21st day of December 1867.
Now I desire wish and will that the above described Deed of conveyance should stand and be a valid good conveyance, upon the performance by said Isreal T and Pernecy Ann Moore, the condition of said bond.
Given under my hand this 21st day of December AD 1867

Signed acknowledged //James Moore//
In presence of
//A. F. Peebles//
//John F. Wixom//
//Jas A. Paage//
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
@@lstandlee@n... 2 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Kevin Moore 12 Jul 2004 1:42PM GMT 
Higgins_Middl... 13 Mar 2012 4:27AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions