Search for content in message boards

another William Williams-not Buck-although I've looked into it

Replies: 2

Re: another William Williams-not Buck-although I've looked into it

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 3:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Williams
I am familiar with Stephen, and it is possible, but I do not think it is the right one... My family came down from Virginia, by data I have seen, but I have also seen at least one reference to Maryland, as well. The part of Maryland in which I live was once considered to be part of the earliest settlement of Virginia. Later in 1800's the boundary line resulted in it being in Maryland, and there were some Williams here. The family moved south after the revolution, like so many and went through Mississippi and settled there then moved on to Louisiana around 1820. While they were in Bienville/Ruston area, the men, primarily, went back and forth to East Texas, trading in mules,horses and slaves (i'm pretty sure). They lived with their families in Louisiana part of the time, and my great grandfather was actually born in San Augustine,Texas. San Augustine, Bexar and Jasper are all in the same area, so anything is possible. I think there must have been hundreds of Williams in Texas at that time. When I was young I tried to talk to my Mamaw about the family and DanDan, but no one was talking. Neither was my Dad. Some relatives I have run into thought my great Grand had become an outlaw in Texas, but I knew he was in Ruston in his last 20 plus years befor he died, and he was clerk of the Court. William Wms is my big stone wall and has been for several years. He was said to have come from Fairfax Virginia and there were several there, but I have not been able to tie them down. My great grandfather was John Wesley Williams nicknamed Tobe and I think I have him Jasper County or San Augustine area at the "Williams Settlement" in the late 18060's. I do not believe he was in the Civil war except as provisioning as he had a club foot. My grand great grandfather was Electious William and I believe his first Name was actually James. His father was also named Electious, but one relative thinks his father was actually named Edward and It could be true. The only other Electius Williams that I am aware of is a Charles Electius Williams. I just do not know. Most of the time I am a very creative researcher but this one really baffles me. My only close relative was living in Harris county, but she would be quite old if she is still living. I had a letter from her about 10 years ago but have not been able to find her or a death record. If you have any thoughts, or ideas, or even and encouraging word, I would love to hear. I would be happy to let you look at my tree if you think that might help. Just let me know.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Georgie Mayo 7 Feb 2013 9:30PM GMT 
tommye16 8 Feb 2013 9:58PM GMT 
Georgie Mayo 8 Feb 2013 10:46PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic