Search for content in message boards

Henderson graves in Jones County Texas? Preston & Martha

Replies: 0

Henderson graves in Jones County Texas? Preston & Martha

Posted: 12 Feb 2013 10:05AM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: Henderson Downing Suggs Moore
I am trying to locate the graves of Martha Rosa and Preston A Henderson -- possibly referred to as Rosa M and P A.

Preston A Henderson 1828-1904, died in Jones County.
Martha Rosa Downing Henderson 1828-1918, died in Haskell County. Her death certificate states that her body was removed to Rochester.

Two of their sons are buried in Jones County:

John William Henderson 1863-1928 buried at Hamlin Memorial Cemetery, along with his wife, Lydia Annie Suggs Henderson.

George Tinsely Henderson 1873-1963 buried at Spring Creek Cemetery along with his wife Margaret Marie Moore Henderson.

There was a least one more son, Preston A Henderson [Jr] 1867-1941 who died in Haskell County, but I have not been able to locate his grave. His death certificate states his remains were removed to Rochester.

I have not been able to determine if Martha Rosa and PA Henderson had 3 or 4 children. The 1900 & 1910 Censuses have conflicting information. I believe they had 4 children, but I could be completely wrong on that.

Thank you for any help you can give on the location of these graves or information on this family. I really appreciate it.
Anna

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions