Search for content in message boards

Baker-Bryant wedding

Replies: 1

Re: Baker-Bryant wedding

Posted: 4 Mar 2014 2:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Baker, Bryant, Darnell, Stevenson
I am looking for more information and photographs regarding the people in this wedding notice. First, I can add some information about the married couple. Unfortunately, the marriage of Dorothy Baker (1916-2007) and John C. Bryant III ended in divorce by 1940. Dorothy later married Charles Frances Darnell (1916-2011). Not mentioned in the notice is Dorothy's mother, Mattie Lee Stevenson Baker who died in 1932 as the result of injuries suffered in an automobile accident which occurred near Shreveport, Louisiana. The wedding notice mentions Dorothy's brother, Douglas, whose full name was William Douglas Baker (1914-1945). William Douglas Baker graduated from the University of Oklahoma and the University of Oklahoma School of Law. He was killed in action on 24 February 1945 on the island of Luzon in the Philippines while serving as a Captain with the 25th Infantry Division. He is buried at Arlington National Cemetery. I would especially like to find photographs of William Douglas Baker. He attended Stamford High School and probably graduated from that school in about 1932. Does anyone have any Stamford High School yearbooks from this period? I can be contacted at Any help with researching any aspect of this family would be appreciated. Eric Baker
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dorholub 11 Jan 2005 4:17AM GMT 
ussportsmouth... 4 Mar 2014 9:06PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic