Search for content in message boards

Norman N. Rodgers

Replies: 0

Norman N. Rodgers

Posted: 1 Dec 2010 10:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rodgers
I am doing in depth research on Norman Rodgers. So far, I have found a short story written by him about his life. I also found references about him in "My Six Years with the Rangers" by Jim Gillette.

Then, in 1908, Captain John M. Elkins wrote "Life on the Texas Frontier" a very rare book about early frontier Rangers. A man by the name of "Jep" Brown wrote 3 chapters for the book and he was brother to Willis "Smokey" Brown. Smokey was uncle to Boley Brown and both were well acquainted with Rodgers. This book is so rare it cannot be purchased today. However, a reprint of the book is listed at Amazon.com. Best way to find the reprint is to go to Amazon and search with both the title and author's name.

Next, I obtained a good photo of Rodgers (taken when he was sheriff of Kent County). He was a frontier ranger in 1875 and saw action in the "Indian Wars".

Rodgers received a pistol from Boley Brown that had cattle brands engraved on the handles and I can only wonder where it is today?

I did communicate with Vance Rodgers but he suddenly disappeared from email responses.

So, I continue to try and collect all the information on Rodgers and family so that, hopefully, I can submit a manuscript to some editor who will want to publish it.

If you know anything more about Norman N. Rodgers, I'd be grateful to obtain the information.

N. Brown

Find a board about a specific topic