Search for content in message boards

Barrera/Locke/Reschman/Longoria/Parras

Replies: 13

Re: Barrera/Locke/Reschman/Longoria/Parras

Posted: 29 Jul 2013 4:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Reschman, Marufo, Garcia, Montalvo
Angie Reschman McLean, Daughter of David Marufo Reschman (b. 1919 San Vicente TX d. 1999 Fresno CA) & Concepcion Garcia Reschman (b. Terlingua TX 1922), also seek info on Reschman family from Brackettville, Abuelita Lina Marufo (b. In Marathon TX). Her father Gregorio Marufo Sr., according to Big Bend National Park archeologist Tom Alex, was a land owner in San Vicente TX & was of Canary Ilander ancestry (Marufo's are on a listing of members of SanAntonio's mission church which was founded in the 1700's by the immigrant community from the Canary Islands) before San Vicente was appropriated & became part of Big Bend National Park. See J.O. Langford's autobiograpy, 'A Homesteader's Story (1952), chapter 24 is about his friend, Gregorio's funeral for his son. I know very little about her mother, Natividad Fierro, except that 'Buelita Lina used to blame her for her fiery temper & laugh & say it was because "mi Mama era India!", when she would apologize for losing her temper. A Garcia family 'geneologist' has said Natividad may have been of Seminole ancestry but I personally have not searched that nor actualy yet had access to Garcias histories that would verify that. Sadly, according to my mother, my Abuelita's storage trailer in Odessa TX, was broken into & the locked trunk in which her family documents were was taken along with whatever of value. The info here is from personal knowledge from my parents, grandparents, & other family, & Mr Tom Alex. I know less about Walter(Guadalupe?) Reschman who would be my Dad's father and died when my father was a child. **Have found Guadalupe Reschman, spouse of Yldefonso Montalvo of Brackettville (Montalvo House, historic landmark) but this was just today 7/29. If you have info to share on our Reschman roots would be so glad to also answer any questions if I can & share info. So happy to e-meet you, dear Cousin & Cousin Yolanda, the time you spent with our family will always be cherished childhood memories.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
parkergirl221 5 Jul 2012 9:37PM GMT 
bigarcia80 21 Apr 2012 10:17PM GMT 
yolanda_mihal... 17 Jul 2013 10:18PM GMT 
earthsheart_1... 29 Jul 2013 10:43PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions