Search for content in message boards

Family history of John William Perez

Replies: 1

Family history of John William Perez

Posted: 11 Sep 2012 6:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Sep 2012 6:54PM GMT
Surnames: Perez, Stevens, Mathews
Hello, I am seeking family details for John William Perez - D.O.B. 3rd May 1884 in Port Elizabeth South Africa, Married Antoinette Stevens on 26th June 1907, D.O.D. 1st June 1947 in Cape Town, South Africa. I Believe his father's name was Joseph Perez and his mother was Maria Cecilia Mathews.
We were told that his father was from Spain and that he and his sister Ellen Perez were brought up in an orphanage in Port Elizabeth, South Africa.
He brought up his family in Cape Town South Africa, living in Loch Street, Sackville Street and finally Harrington Street before his death. I believe that he worked for Goodall (Funeral Home)in Cape Town South Africa, and might also have had a shop in District Six during the Apartheid era. He was very active in the Catholic Church in Cape Town South Africa. 4 of his children married at St Mary's Cathedral Cape Town, South Africa, with 7 of them being baptised there too. He was very active in the Rugby scene. Some of his sons were members of Non-parreil Acrobatic troupe.
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Dorothea Pere... 12 Sep 2012 12:43AM GMT 
jimtarbet176 12 Sep 2012 1:21AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic