Search for content in message boards

WINGFIELD

Replies: 0
Posted: 2 Aug 2012 2:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WINGFIELD
I think I have made a terrible mistake I had been using the same death date for both my grandfather Andrew Nelson Wingfield of 08/12/1928. Andrew Nelson was born in Carroll, MS in 1858. I found a photo of my mother where she wrote on the back of the photo that she was about ten years of age and that her Daddy had just died that yuear. She was born in 1918. So that goes with the death records I have found.
Here is my problem. My Great grandfather was Drury Lacy Wingfield born 1817- 1818 in TN. and married Alabama Carroll in 1843 in Carroll, MS. Moved in 1858 to Texas and returned to MS in 1861 to serve as a Sgt in the CSA thru 1865. After the war of the northern invasion he returnrd to Texas to raise his family. I can not find a true death date. My Mother told me he is buried in the Woodland Cemetery in Limestone Co. without a present marker. I am trying to verify the actual death date. Apparently Drury L Wingfield must have been one HELL of a man. I have found that many a parent in the Wingfield line have named their child in his honor. But it has also added to the confusion.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions