Search for content in message boards

1870 census

Replies: 0
Posted: 12 Jul 2013 11:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ward, Chapman, Jackson, Moore, Yates, Hollowwa,
Does anyone have a solution for this problem I am about to relate here? On the 1870 census form, a separate line is allowed for the Post Office. This will not appear on the Timeline of an individuals Profile Page automatically along with the location. Rather, it will appear as an addition to the Timeline, seen as Residence (only, no date)and the name of the town where the person received their mail. The location, as an example, appears on the Timeline as Cove Settlement, LLano, Texas. At the bottom of the Timeline, after all the censuses and info dated events are listed, the line appears with the word Residence, and underneath that another line showing the post office, as: Llano, Llano, Texas. I don't like that with no date! No way to correct it, except to go back to the 1870 census, and type in under Location or Description, if you wish, something like: Address: LLano, Texas.Then you have to go back to the correction box for 'Residence, LLano, Texas' and 'remove' that entry. That is the only way I have found to include the post office address and to get rid of the line that shows a Residence with no date on it. My initial call to Ancestry.com says they cannot fix it, but suggested that I email: supportancestry.com. Does anyone else find this annoyance a hindrance to accomplishing a true and precise published Family Tree? Thank you.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions