Search for content in message boards

African-American Alexander Family - Zelemar, Lula, others

Replies: 0

African-American Alexander Family - Zelemar, Lula, others

Posted: 11 Nov 2013 3:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Alexander, Cox (?)
have a few photos and scraps of paper of unknown origin that I would love to see reunited with the right family.

The following cities in TX are mentioned: San Angelo, Lampasas, and Waco. There is a photo of a lovely woman that appears to read on the reverse: "This belongs to Zelemar (?) Alexander. It is Mrs. Lula A. Alexander, 821 N. 6 St., Waco, Texas."

There is a 1944 handwritten invitation to Miss Z.M. Alexander to the Blackshear High School Prom and a small envelope from Walgreens addressed to "Miss Zelemar Alexander, 702 S. Main Street, Lampasas, Texas."

There is a photograph of two ladies and two children that looks to be circa 1890 and has no identifying marks. Another photo of two children was taken by G.E. Ward in Lampasas Springs, TX and reads "Willis (or Willie) and sister" on the reverse.

There is a photo that appears to be an advertisement for The Cox Taxi Line and pictures two men standing next to a 1940's era car.

The final photo is of an older gentleman in a suit and hat with "Holland Jewelry Co." printed across it, and is marked Allen Studios, San Angelo, Texas on the reverse.

I haven't stopped searching for this family. Please contact me if you can be of help.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions