Search for content in message boards

Corder/Terry

Replies: 1
Posted: 8 Apr 2013 8:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Corder Terry Henderson
I'm looking for the parents of Lizzie Lou Terry Henderson.

My gr-gr-gr-grandmother was Susan Virginia Terry. She was born in Pecan Grove, Austin County, Texas in about 1852. Her parents were Hillard J.T. Terry and Mary Jane Redford. She appears on the U.S. Census with them in both 1860 and in 1870.

I have a marriage record for her and Samuel M.P. Corder in 1875 in Coryell County, Texas.

They may have lived in Montgomery County after their marriage as I have records of them owning land there.

I cannot find a census record for them in 1880; however, they do appear on other records in Colorado County around that time and through 1900. Later they moved to Wharton County, Texas where they are both buried in Hahn Cemetery.

Together they had four children:

Cora Isabelle Corder (1880-1963) married Albert Henderson
Hillard Boulden Corder (1885 - 1961)married Minnie E Still
Mary Purdy Corder (1888 - 1970) married John Henry Still
Earl Corder (1892 - 1960) married Lillian E ?

However, I have a family bible belonging to Lizzie Lou Terry with obituaries and photos of Susan Virginia Terry. One obituary belonging to Hillard Boulden Corder states that Lizzie Lou Terry Henderson was his sister.

Lizzie Lou Henderson was my gr-gr-grandmother and she married William Monroe Henderson in 1890 in Colorado County, Texas. On the marriage record, her maiden name is listed as "Terry". They moved to Wharton County in the same precinct as Susan Virginia Terry and SMP Corder shortly after 1900.

Lizzie Lou's birthday was August 15, 1871! This is four years before Susan Virigina Terry married SMP Corder in 1875. My guess is that either Susan had a previous marriage? or Lizzie Lou was born out of wedlock. I'm trying to find answers.

If anyone has any information about Lizzie Lou Terry Henderson or her parents or other family, I would be greatly appreciative.

Sincerely,
Juliet
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Juliet_Hender... 9 Apr 2013 2:55AM GMT 
Juliet_Hender... 26 Apr 2013 1:26PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic