Search for content in message boards

MY UZZELL/UZZLE FAMILY TREE

Replies: 0

MY UZZELL/UZZLE FAMILY TREE

Posted: 24 Jun 2013 8:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
With the help of other family members on this site I was able to trace my family roots all the way back to the 1600's. When I began all I had was my grandfather's info and his uncle's info, and of course my own dad's info. So it was rough at first. We are from Louisiana and I knew it should lead to Kentucky. That is where I thought it would stop. Little did I know it would end up in Isle of Wight County, Virginia! And to make it more interesting I had moved just across the James River in Virginia. Strange! Anyway, I could not believe it when I found that my heritage goes all the way back to Thomas "the Huguenot" Uzzell. The lineage is grandfather all the way back!!! I also found the Uzzell Methodist Church that Thomas's grandson deeded the land for and was built after he died. I went to church there and saw some of the Uzzell things, like the family Bible, etc. I am very ill but would love to meet some of the Uzzells/Uzzles in the area. I am almost 60 but would love to learn more. If interested email me at linda.24@me.com. Thanks.

Find a board about a specific topic