Search for content in message boards

J H W Morris

Replies: 3

J H W Morris

Posted: 29 May 2008 8:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Morris - Day
Been a long time since I posted. I have made a lot of progress on my family but not this man. What I have is based on the census, his headstone and a regester sheet from the Funeral Home that was used to bury him. The headstone states he was born 1833 and on all the census he says he was born in Arkansas, with his family coming to Arkansas from Tennesse. Only once did he use a regular name "Whitsen" that was on the 1870 census. he spent most of his adult life in Texas but of course I have only the census 1860 - 1870 - 1880 and have not been able to find marriage record. GGrandmother name was always listed Sarah F on the census her maiden name was "Day" which is a tough one to search. My Great Uncle James "Bud" Henderson was born late 1859 or 1860 in Hill County Texas. The census has the ages of GGrandad and the boys all over the board. I think that was due to GGrandad on the 1860 one its est birth year is 1837 and he was 24 was this his true age only God knows I shure don't. I would love to find Information before J H W and Sarah F Day Morris married. If any Morris researchers has a clue please lets work together to figure out this old mans parents. I know there is wrong info out there abt his name. Just check out the source material won't add up.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
4thefunofit 29 May 2008 2:40PM GMT 
PaSain 15 Jun 2008 5:10PM GMT 
4thefunofit 15 Jun 2008 7:06PM GMT 
4thefunofit 18 Apr 2011 7:56PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions