Search for content in message boards

Littleton Herrin, brickmaker and courthouse builder

Replies: 1

Re: Littleton Herrin, brickmaker and courthouse builder

Posted: 29 Apr 2013 11:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Tom,
I am also interested in Wm. Littleton Herrin who owned the land (2A south of E. Main and east of LaNana Creek from 1904-1940) where my wife grew up in Nacogdoches. Her grandmother owned the land 1942-1979.

Lit also owned another 8A north of E. Main just east of LaNana Creek where he had an active Brick Yard in 1912 and it still existed but was inactive in 1921.

In 1935 he was retired an living at 474 E. Main.

My wife tells me of charred walls in the smaller front room of the house. The story is that Elizabeth Sartin Herrin tried to burn the house down. Do you know anything about this?

My wife's brother's think the house was designed by Dietrich Rulfs as one of the houses he kept busy with in between designing many of the fine big houses in town. I have not been able to confirm this. Have you ever heard such a story?

Anyway have you found out anything more about any buildings built by Lit Herrin? Which ones?

Oh... Did he work with Henry L. Austin? During what time period. He bought the 2A south E. Main from H.L. Austin and another guy in 1904. Austin owned half interest in this land since 1890.
Peace,
James R. Davis, Sacramento, CA
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Tom Adams 23 Jan 2008 6:29AM GMT 
davis_jr 30 Apr 2013 5:57AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic