Search for content in message boards

James Brewer, son of Henry Brewer, Nacogdoches, TX

Replies: 0

James Brewer, son of Henry Brewer, Nacogdoches, TX

Posted: 13 Oct 2013 11:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Oct 2013 11:11AM GMT
Surnames: Brewer, Mitchell, English
I need some help clarifying some details about James Brewer who was born in Alabama and was purportedly a son of Henry Brewer. It doesn't seem like researchers are in agreement about a few details concerning him:

-When was he born? I have seen that he was either born in 1792 or 1816. It would make logical sense that he was born in 1792 since Henry didn't marry Susannah "Sukey" Mitchell until 1800. Perhaps Henry's 1st wife died while giving birth to him, hence the marriage later on to Sukey.

-Who was his mother? Was it Janis Rabe or to Sukey Mitchell? Again, it seems logical that Janis was his mother since Henry didn't marry Sukey until 1800. I can't find, however, a marriage record to Janis. I can only conclude that perhaps this information came from a family bible.

-Were all of his children by his 1st wife, Harriet Brewer? Or did he have children with 2nd wife, Eliza English? I show 2 different marriage dates to Eliza- one on July 31, 1851 in Rusk Co. and one on May 22, 1853 in Nacogdoches Co. It is important to decipher this since his daughter, Paralee Brewer, was born around 1852. If James didn't marry Eliza until 1853, it's possible that Paralee is the daughter of Harriet.

Could a relative or someone with expert knowledge on this Brewer line sort this out for me? Thanks so much for your help!

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions