Search for content in message boards

Long family of Nagodochous

Replies: 1

Long family of Nagodochous

Posted: 21 May 2014 9:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,

You and a few other Long decendants have been tracing this mystery. As the story told by my father, Edwin Francis Long, and his Father, Oscar Mitchell Long, Frank Long Sr was half indian (possbily Cherokee). he had a son called Francis or Frank Long. My Father was born on an indian reservation in Casa Grande, Ariz on Nov 22, 1919. His father was born in Palo Pinto Texas 1893.. From there the info kind of gets lost but Frank Long (Oscars father) was born in Nacogdoches, Texas. Then his father was either from Alabama or Tenn. Not sure because those areas may have not been part of the country at that time but my grandmother indicates Alabama in her geneology.. My living relatives tell me that Frank Long was part of the Trail of Tears and would not sign the tready with the gov...sounds like a true Long. His real name was either LongBone or Longfeather and it can be found on the Dawes Rolls. Anyway, thats the story Im going with...

Jaymie Long Truschel
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jaymie trusch... 22 May 2014 3:41AM GMT 
HL2604 22 May 2014 8:34AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions